Sunday, August 06, 2006

Palestinians celebrate Israeli deaths

12 reserves soldiers staying in Kibutz Kfar Giladi were killed a couple of hours ago by a katyusha missiles. 3 are injured fatal wounds, 2 with the severe injuries. That kibutz is located 2 miles south of Metulla. When I first saw the reports on TV all the reporters mentioned was that there are many casualties and injured in the Upper Galilee area. I immediately called my mom on her cellular phone and there was no answer. I called again. I also called the landline. Those were probably the longest two minutes of my life. My mom called back when I was very close to having a nervous breakdown. She is okay, thank god, and I needed some time to catch on my breath.

Why is the international media ignoring this rejoicing of Palestinians and Hezbollah people over the deaths of Israelis? Could you imagine what anger there would be towards Israel if this was the other way around and the Israelis were the ones celebrating deaths of Lebanese / Palestinians?

I got an email today that surprisingly perfectly relates to my post from last night, and so I decided to translate in from Hebrew
Bibi (Benjamin) Netanyahu gave another brilliant interview to a British TV station. The interviewer asked Bibi how does he explain the fact that more Lebanese civilians were killed in comparison to Israeli civilians.
This was Bibi's response:

"You don't really want to down this road, right?"
The interviewer
responded: "Why not?"
Bibi: "Because more German civilians were killed during
World War Two than British and Americans civilians combined and there is no
argument about the fact that this was a result of German aggression. In addition
to this, Britain, as a response to the 'blitz' bombed and completely erased the
German city of Dresden. I also want to remind you that in 1944 when the British
wanted to bomb the Gestapo headquarters in Copenhagen, your pilots missed the
target and burned down a children's hospital with 83 Danish kids in it…"


Needless to say the interviewer was left speechless. It's such a shame that Israel is not taking more advantage of Bibi's marvelous Hasbarah skills. The field of PR is one we are definitely loosing at.

Israel's history in a nutshell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter Stats
cfd online
cfd online Counter